On the Site, we provide information about jewelry making and shipping, also a blog (the “Service”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Site only collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which includes your name and e-mail address, in order to subscribe to our newsletter, pay for your order or comment on our blog. If you opt-in to receive our newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every e-mail.
We do share your information with trusted third parties who provide support in running this website including any blog, shipping company or newsletter. All parties will keep your information confidential and will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
We may record information relating to your use of the Site in order to help administer the Site and personalize your experience by improving customer service.
Additionally, we may send cookies (not the tasty kind) to your computer in order to identify your improve our service. At any point, you may decline the cookies in your Internet settings. However, doing so may prevent use of some of the Site.
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner. You agree to notify us for any breach of security or unauthorized use of your information.
CHILDREN – ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Information We Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Shopify to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Quench, Inc, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at hello@QuenchKit.com.